Name: Dr. Mohammed Saeed Zayed Mohammed Al Ayed
Date of birth: 1392/9/11 H / 14-12-1972
Muscat: South Kingdom - Sarra Obaida, Saudi Arabia
Age: 46 years old. Gender: Male Marital Status: Married Number of Children: six
Address: PO Box 1988, Najran University, Faculty of Medicine, Pediatrics Department, Najran, Saudi Arabia.
Phone. : + 96675427860
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery 1997/98.
- The Saudi Board of Pediatrics 27/01/2003.
- Board of the Arab Council of Pediatrics 15/03/2003.
- King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center fellowship of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, 31/08/2005.
- American Fellowship for Infection Control and Epidemiology, 2005
- Fellowship of Pediatric Infectious Diseases of Hospital of Sick Children's University of Toronto - Canada 2007.
Published Research Activities:
- Congenital malformation of the gastrointestinal tract in Aseer region, Saudi Arabia. Saudi Med J. Asindi AA1, Al-Daama SA, Zayed MS, Fatinni YA. 2002 Sep;23(9):1078-82.
- Encephalopathy with continuous spikes and waves during sleep, Landau-Kleffner syndrome and atypical benign partial epilepsy (Pseudo-Lennox syndrome): Clinical and EEG manifestations of three children and review of the literature, Imad Yassin Saadeldin, Mohammed S. Zayed, Sudanese Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, Vol. 10:2010.
- Retrospective review of invasive pediatric pneumococcal diseases in a military hospital in the southern region of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Saeed Al Ayed and Ali Abdullah Hawan. Ann Saudi Med. 2011 Sep-Oct; 31(5): 469–472.
- Characteristics of Patients Hospitalized with 2009 H1N1 Influenza in a Tertiary Care Hospital in Southern Saudi Arabia, Adnan Agha, Abdulqader Alrawi, Cesar V. Munayco, Mohammed S. AlAyed, Mohammad Al-Hakami, Hassan Korairi, and Abdelhaleem Bella, Mediterr J Hematol Infect Dis. 2012; 4(1).
- Drowning in children: Aseer Central Hospital experience, Southwestern Saudi Arabia, Al-Fifi SH1, Shabana MA, Zayed M, Al-Binali AM, Al-Shehri MA. J Family Community Med. 2011 Jan;18(1):13-6
- Neurobrucellosis in Children, a Report of 2 Cases, Mohammed S. Al Ayed, MD Int J Health Sci (Qassim). 2011 Jan; 5(1): 81–84.
- Soft tissue mass of the chest wall as the sole manifestation of brucellosis in a 7-year-old boy, Al-Ayed MS, Bin-Hussain IZ, Al Hajjar S, Al Nassar S. Ann Saudi Med. 2011 May-Jun; 31(3):311-3.
- Case report of chronic invasive fungal sinusitis in immunocompetent child treated with surgery and voriconazole, Al Ayed, Mohammed S. Journal of American Science, 2011;7(12)
- Central nervous system and spinal tuberculosis in children at a tertiary care center in Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Al Ayed, Suliman Al Jumaah,b Essam AlShail, Ann Saudi Med 2013 January-February.
- Emergence of Unusual Nonfermenting Gram-Negative Nosocomial Pathogens in a Saudi Hospital Ahmed Morad Asaad, Mohamed Said Zayed Al-Ayed, and Mohamed Ansar Qureshi, Jpn. J. Infect. Dis., 66, 507-511, 2013.
- Prevalence of nontyphoidal Salmonella serotypes and the antimicrobial resistance in pediatric patients in Najran Region, Saudi Arabia, Mohammed Saeed Zayed Al Ayed, Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci (2014) 3(2): 103-107.
- Viral etiology of respiratory infections in children in southwestern Saudi Arabia using multiplex reverse-transcriptase polymerase chain reaction, Mohamed S. Al-Ayed, MBBS, MD, Ahmed M. Asaad, MBBS, MD, Mohamed A. Qureshi, BSc, MSc, Mohammed S. Ameen, MBBS, MD, Saudi Med J 2014; Vol. 35 (11).
- Consanguineous Marriage Exacerbates the Incidence of Congenital Anomalies in Human Neonates, Mohammed Saeed Zayed, Samy Ismail Ahmed, Adil Salim Elsheikh, Abdelmonein Adam Abbaker Abdellah, Vol 76, No. 11; Nov 2014
- Molecular characterization of oxacillinases among carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii nosocomial isolates in a Saudi hospital, Faten M Elabd, Mohamed S Z Al-Ayed, Ahmed M Asaad, Saeed A Alsareii, Mohamed A Qureshi, Hassan A-A Musa,J Infect Public Health 2015 May-Jun;8(3):242-7. Epub 2014 Nov 18.
- Hepatitis B virus genotyping in chronic hepatitis B patients in southwestern Saudi Arabia Ahmed Morad Asaad, Mohamed Saeed Zayed Al-Ayed, Mohamed Aleraky, Mohamed Ansar Qureshi, b r a z j i n f e c t d i s . 2 0 1 5;1 9(5):525–528.,
- Credit Hours Policy – Is It Working for Hybrid Problem-Based Learning Curriculum: An Experience of Najran School of Medicine KSA, Mohamed Hanafy Morsy, Jobran Miree Al-Qahtani, Mohammed Saeed AlAyed, Saeed Ali Alsareii, Moawia Hassan Alshiek, Metwally Abdullah, Journal of Research in Medical Education & Ethics, Vol. 5, No. 2, July, 2015, pp-129-133.
- Aetiology of acute gastroenteritis in children in Najran region, Saudi Arabia, Mohamed Saeed Zayed AlAyed, Ahmed Morad Asaad, Abdulrab Ahmed Mahdi, Mohamed Ansar Qureshi, Journal of Health Specialties / July 2013 / Vol 1 | Issue 2.
- Visceral Leishmaniasis and Chronic Granulomatous Disease in an Infant, Mohammed Saeed Zayed Al Ayed, Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci (2015) 4 (11): 88-91.
- Antibacterial Activity of Salvadora persica L. (Miswak) Extracts against Multidrug Resistant Bacterial Clinical Isolates, Mohamed Saeed Zayed Al-Ayed, Ahmed Morad Asaad, Mohamed Ansar Qureshi, Hany Goda Attia, and Abduljabbar Hadi AlMarrani, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Volume 2016, Article ID 7083964, 5 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/7083964
- J Med Virol. 2016 Aug 17, Epidemiology of group A rotavirus infection after the introduction of monovalent vaccine in the National Immunization Program of Saudi Arabia, Al-Ayed MS, Asaad AM, Qureshi MA, Hawan AA.
- Pflügers Archiv - European Journal of Physiology, 14 feb. 2018 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00424-018-2126-z, Relaxant effect of ghrelin on guinea pig isolated tracheal smooth muscle: role of epithelial NO and PGE2, Mohammed S Z Al-Ayed.
- Pediatric infectious diseases consultant
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics,
- Dean of the Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences 12/6/1343 until now.
- Vice dean of Faculty of Medicine 21/12/1431 to now.
- Head of Department of Pediatrics 12/6/1434 to now
- Chairman of the Center for Health Research 1/1/1434 to now.
- Member of the Standing Committee for the University Schedules 1/1/1434/1435.
- Member of the committee of preparing the risk plan at the university 28/2/1437
- Member of the Standing Committee for Academic Quality and Accreditation 6/3/1436
- Member of the university hospital supervising commettee 20/7/1435.
- Member of the team updating the mission, the goals and strategic objectives of the university 18/2/1437.
- Supervisor of the Saudi and Arab Pediatrics Program at Armed Forces Hospital, Southern Region, October 2007 to September 2009.
- Member of the Infection Control Committee, since October 2005 say May 2010 in Armed Forces Hospital, Southern Region.
- Member of the Committee of Pharmacology and Therapy since June 2007 till May 2010 at the Armed Forces Hospital, the southern region.
- Member of the Regional Council of the Saudi Council for Health Specialties in the north-west and south regions since October 2007 until September 2009.
- Member of the Committee of infectious diseases and infection control in Hajj since 2007 to 2014.
- Member of the problem of education based on the Committee, Faculty of Medicine, University of Najran since May 2010 to October 2012.
- Vice Dean of the Faculty of Applied Medical Sciences from 3/1/1434
- Supervisor of development and quality units for health colleges from 1432 to 1435.
- Supervisor of student activities for health colleges from 10/1432 to 1435.
Courses and conferences:
- Invasive Infections Management, Istanbul / Turkey, 1/3/2010 (Attendance).
- Gulf Society for Infection Control conference, 10-1-2-2011 (participation of 2 lectures).
- Second Winter Course for Problem Solving, Buraidah, Saudi Arabia, 13-17 / 2/2011 (Attendance).
- Planning and implementation of self-study in preparation for the academic accreditation program, Najran University, 16-17 / 3/1432 (attendance).
- Leadership and Strategic Planning Program, 14-16 / 3/2011 (Attendance).
- Preparation of the plan of action for the implementation of the strategic plan of the University of Najran, 19-21 / 9/2011 (attendance).
- Recent trends in teaching, Najran University, 12-13 / 11/1432 (attendance).
- Strategies of learning, teaching and evaluation at the programmatic and institutional level, Najran University, 1-2 / 1/1433 (attendance).
- Professional Leadership, Najran University, 22-23 / 1/1433 (attendance).
- Preparing performance indicators, reaching, implementing and building plans, Najran University, 18-20 / 2/2012 (attendance).
- Writing Competitive Research Projects, Najran University, 3-4 / 4/1433 (Attendance).
- Trends Analysis Skills, Najran University, 17-18 / 4/1433 (attendance).
- The use of technology in teaching, Najran University, 2-3 / 6/1433 (attendance).
- How to implement the strategic plan, Najran University, 9/6/1433 (attendance).
- Time Management and Work Stress, Najran University, 15-16 / 6/1433 (Attendance).
- Learning Outcomes and Key Performance Indicators: Applications and Integration, Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia, 24-25 / 6/1433 (Attendance).
- Long Term Teaching, Najran University, 9-11 / 6/2012 (Attendance).
- Second Conference of the Newborn, Birth and Child Hospital in Najran, 3-4 / 6/2012 (Speaker).
- Standards of the German body AHGPS University of Najran, 21/11/1433 (Attendance).
- Quality Standards in the Institutional Context, Najran University, 5-6 / 1/1434 (Attendance).
- Conference of pediatric Infectious Diseases, Najran Armed Forces Hospital Program, 26/8/2012 (member of the scientific committee and speaker).
- Quality in Medical Education, King Saud University, Riyadh, 8-10 / 4/2013 (Attendance).
- Using blackboard in e learning, Najran University, 27/4/1434 (attendance).
- Strategic Planning in Higher Education Institutions, Riyadh, 24-25 / 6/1434 (Attendance).
- Excellence in university education, Abha, 7-8 / 5/2013 (attendance).
- Learning Outputs for Programs and Courses and Methods of Measurement, Najran, 11-12 / 12/2013 (Attendance).
- The Second Saudi Scientific Publishing Conference in Riyadh, 11-13 October 2015, Attendance.
- Training workshop for external auditors of the National Commission for Academic Accreditation 2-5 / 3/1437
- Annual Conference of the Association of Applied Microbiology and Applied Microbiology 13-16 March 2016, Submission of research.
- The second conference of obesity in the city of Abha on 6-10 Muharram 1438, (attendance)
- 34th Congress of the European Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, 10-14 May 2016. Research presented.
- Saudi Health Exhibition and Conference in Riyadh from 16-18 May 2016, Attendance.
- First Conference of Infectious Diseases in Children in the Eastern Region 9-10 / 11/2016 (presenting two lectures).
- Saudi Simulation Conference 2016 in Riyadh during the period 22-24 / 11/2016
- The Fifth Saudi Conference on Pediatrics in Riyadh, 7-9 / 2/2017
- First World Congress of the Saudi Society of Infectious Diseases in Children 2017/4
- Workshop entitled (emotional intelligence of the academic leader) 07/05/2017
- 35th Conference of the European Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases in Madrid / Spain 23/27 May 2017
- The course of intellectual security and the role of educational institutions in strengthening it, 1/3/1439 (Attendance).
- Member of the Saudi Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- Member of the European Association of Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- External editor for the Journal of Pediatric Infectious Diseases.
- External editor of the Saudi Journal of Medicine.