Graduates must have knowledge of:
- The scientific basis for various common lab tests and conditions that affect them in various branches of laboratory sciences such as pathology , hematology and blood banking, Microbiology , Immunology , Parasitology, biochemistry , clinical virology , molecular genetics and histology.
- Knowledge that serve the profession of medical tests such as medical statistics, computer and information bases
- Methods and quality control practices internally and externally in the field of medical laboratories.
- Ethics, lows and roles of health practice
- Foundations and principles of scientific research
Second Cognitive skills:
The under graduate should be able to:
- Deal with the results of laboratory tests and provide an explanation of the results associated with common diseases and the lab results linking type condition through communication with your doctor
- Use creative thinking skills in the development of the internal environment of the plant
- Make decisions about the quality and efficiency of results while maintaining the privacy and accuracy
- Integrating and assembling various information from various departments laboratory and the ability to judge and deal with possible contradictions
- Characterization of fluids and biological samples different in terms of color and odor and physical properties
- Discrimination microscopic structures of biological samples using an optical microscope bilateral lens
- Use different senses to realize and note the phenomena and manifestations in biological samples، which are tested chemical components and vessels، histological and immunological the conclusion diseases that may cause none of them
- Follow the safety principles in the process of collecting samples، and to manage them and to identify hazardous materials and safe ways to deal with them in order to reduce the risk of laboratory workers or the surrounding environment
Third: the skills of dealing with others and take responsibility
- Adhere to high principles of the character and spirit of the moral and ethical responsibility and civic and commitment to the fundamental values of human life, honesty and candor about the professional errors and the ability to self-criticism and personal performance evaluation.
- Manage time efficiently to accomplish the tasks of professional and technical in a timely manner and the required
- To carry out the functions of professional and technical work under pressure to reach a correct diagnosis of the patient's condition
- Flexibility, creativity and adapt to the changes and developments of different professional
- Ability to work within a team or leadership team
- The development of human relationships with patients and their families
Fourth: communication skills, information technology and numerical skills
- Communication and cooperation with individuals, patients and families through the process of teaching and learning to increase and improve health for the better.
- Proficiency in dealing with computer systems databases and identify their uses medical laboratories
- Use the skills of comprehension, analysis and measurement, mathematical calculation and comparison in dealing with the results of medical tests
- The ability to use the Internet and information technology in the field of laboratory
- Use different programs in the preparation of statistics, reports and orders of lab requirements.
Fifth: psychomotor skills
- The implementation of procedures for the collection, processing and analysis of biological samples
- The ability to perform lab tests, taking the accuracy and safety rules
- The implementation of the laboratory fine motor skills such as the use of automatic pipettes, cultivation of samples on vital media and taking of different blood samples.
- Dealing and management with laboratory equipment and electronic machines after training, and according to the criteria used in the laboratory.